Some fashion forward trends we are seeing for the fall ‘23 and winter ‘24 season consist of statement jackets, all the leather, metallic and sheer layers, and maxi skirts. From the runways of NYFW to the racks in your local boutique, you will be seeing these trends everywhere! Below, we have highlighted some of the top trends for the season as well as given some tips on how to style them into your own wardrobe.
Though metallics have been traditionally reserved for the evening, 2023 has brought them to daytime wear. You’ll be looking for any chance to add a metallic piece or two into your fall fashion rotation. Designers like Brandon Maxwell, Gabriela Hearst, and Nensi Dojaka - to name a few from the ‘23 F/W runways.
- Love Metallic? Go bold with a monochromatic moment.
- Intimidated by the shine? Pair with black leather or denim for a edgy look or start small by adding metallic accessories.
The corset is getting a modern makeover.
- Pair a corset top with a pair of cool cargo pants, loafers and metallic accessories for the ultimate cool girl look.
- How to wear a corset top at work - layer a corset top over a white structured button down, paired with wide leg trousers and point toe booties.
Cargos offer a super versatile option and can be worn for everything from a super casual street wear look to a dressy night out ensemble. Cargo pants and skirts dominated street style during fashion month. While the origins of cargo pants may be rooted in military history, new trends and takes on the style have transformed it into a chic standout piece.
- For a casual vibe, pair your cargos with a vintage graphic band tee, platform loafers and layered necklaces.
- GNO? Corset top + cargo maxi skirt and square toe booties = the chicest look for a fall night.
The sheer clothing trend is about showing as much (or as little) skin as you want, The sheer clothing trend is all about playing up transparent pieces with your personal style in mind.
- How to pull off the sheer trend without baring it all. Try tonal see through - layer a sheer top over a tonal tank to give the illusion of bare skin. Pair with leather cargos and boots for an edgy dinner look.
TO THE MAX
2023’s maxi skirt is a versatile affair. Long maxi skirts are the most popular skirt style of 2023, and the 90s favorite maxi skirt has had a long overdue makeover. Christian Dior showed maxi skirts with pleated and tailored details, while Gucci’s low-rise, body-skimming ones gave a sexy edge.
- style it for the office with a crisp shirt or cable knit, teamed with chunky mules, and pair with New Balance 550’s and a white t-shirt, bomber jacket or crewneck come the weekend.
Statement jackets were seen in the form of faux fur textures and cozy quilted numbers as a runway favorite.
- Keep your outfits simple with a t-shirt + wide leg jeans or a knit midi dress and let your jacket do the talking.
The Revival of Leather
- This season, it stands out in vibrant colors such as red, electric blue, and emerald green, in addition to the classic black and brown. Pieces like skinny leather pants, structured blazers, and midi skirts are perfect choices for creating sophisticated and contemporary looks.
Shop these top trends and more in store & online this season!